instagram

Saturday 27 April 2013

sewing bug - Miss Maggie Rabbit .......................

After making my little Russian dolls I have had the urge to do some more hand sewing. I enjoyed embroidering the little faces on the dolls and did get more adventurous as my family of dolls increased. My inspiration for what to do next came from one of my favourite blogs Cherry Heart. Sandra has just made Matilda and Molly, two adorable little bunnies, if you are tempted you can buy the pdf here.

Sandra is very skilled and needlework is just one of her many talents so I hope I haven't over estimated my sewing skills but I'm going to have a go.

I had plenty of fabric to choose from but not the right shade of felt, so I have compromised and chosen light grey for the head and upper body and dark grey for the legs as the light grey wouldn't stretch to arms and legs. This will be my practise bunny so keep your fingers crossed,


I read through the pdf as instructed.........

all pieces cut out - and some stitching started on the head...............
Hopefully more to show you next week.

talk soon x

13 comments:

  1. The bunny is so cute! I envy you people who can sew. I have an older sewing machine but need to reteach myself how to use it. And I'd love to learn embroidery. I did a little when I was a kid but haven't tried since. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun!!!
    happy weekend, too!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she will be lovely. I'm a big fan of Sandra's blog too. I've been enjoying seeing all these Maggies in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the rabbit progress.

    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it finished, I love the dress fabric. Rowen@Coastal Colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are sewing a Miss Maggie rabbit, how cute! I am a big fan of Alicia's Posy Gets Cosy blog and wish I'd bought a rabbit kit before they all sold out. I look forward to seeing how your rabbit turns out. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arent you clever! look forward to seeing Maggie looks like a cute bunny. I love your Russian Dolls they are gorgeous.
    I'm now Following your Blog on BL and GFC :) found you via Natasha In Oz Linky.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. came across your blog via Emma and Emmie...
    Love the Russian dolls , they are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seeing this little rabbit throughout blogland and seeing some gorgeous versions. Yours will be beautiful too, I'm sure. I love the dress fabric. Can't wait to see your bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie Rabbit is looking good... looking forward to seeing the finished product I bet it will be fab.
    Looking very cute the colours and floral print you've used look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best with Maggie Rabbit, Sue - I'm sure you'll do a lovely job with her and I'll look forward to seeing her in her lovely little dress. And rabbits have a reputation for being good breeders so she may soon have lots of family too!!! Oh-oh! Look what you've done now!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it's going to be so cute! Have fun making it.
    Thank you for joining Say G'day Saturday-hope to see you again this weekend!
    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see it!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x